Dr. Kamat is pleased to serve as your Naturopathic and Functional Medical Specialist, Natural Family Doctor or Naturopath. She is now accepting new patients of all ages.
Therapeutic Evaluations Include:
- Pertinent history and Evaluation
Laboratory Assessments Includes:
- Standard blood work. To abide by MOH regulations, patient will be referred to our trusted network of GP’s or independent labs for testing.
Specialty tests may include
- Nutritional (Vitamin and Mineral) Analysis
- Digestive function and Food Sensitivity testing
- Comprehensive Hormone Analysis
- Neurotransmitter and Metabolic testing
- Heavy Metal and Environmental toxicity testing
Many of the additional tests are not covered by insurance companies. Dr. Kamat will review and consider the most appropriate and out of pocket expense associated with the tests.
- Clinical Nutrition: This includes individualized dietary plans and nutritional supplements to treat many medical conditions or to assist with healthy weight management.
- Botanical Medicine: The use of plants or plant extracts for medicinal purposes.
- Homeopathy: Homeopathic remedies are very small doses of natural substances that can stimulate the body’s self healing response.
- Physical Medicine: Includes Naturopathic joint mobilization and Cranial therapies. This may also include the manual use of stretching, neuro-muscular reeducation, and therapeutic exercises.
- Detoxification: There are many methods for helping our bodies eliminate accrued toxins. Specific programs for detoxification are tailored to each individual patient ranging from intro to detox methods, 14-21 day cleanses and fasting methods.
- Hydrotherapy: These methods can provide relaxation and immediate symptom relief from a variety of ailments through the thermodynamic properties of hot and cold water. Research has shown that the proper application can optimize overall health by stimulating the immune system and supporting detoxification pathways.
- Counseling: Counseling and stress management may be useful for addressing the mental, emotional, or spiritual components impacting one's health..
Naturopathic medicine can tremendously help in many health conditions. We also work with trusted medical providers and other allied health care practitioners to support you in your healing process.
- Constitutional: Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Weight management, Autoimmune Disease, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities.
- Psychiatric: Depression, Anxiety, Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD, ADHD)
- Ears/Nose/Throat: Ear infections, Sinusitis, Allergies, Sore Throats, Chronic or Recurrent infections.
- Cardiovascular: Management of High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol and others.
- Respiratory: Infections, Asthma, Allergies, sinusitis etc.
- Immunological: Auto-Immune Thyroid, Celiac disease, Sjogrens, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Infectious diseases such as Lyme disease and co-infections, Acute and chronic infections.
- Children's Health: Well child visits, Autism and common childhood complaints etc
- Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea, Constipation, Gas and Bloating, Abdominal pain, Ulcers, Heartburn (reflux or GERD), Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Colitis, Crohn’s disease, Hemorrhoids, Yeast overgrowth, Hepatitis, SIBO.
- Musculoskeletal: Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Osteopenia, Low Back Pain, Neck Pain, Muscle spasms, tendinitis etc.
- Dermatological: Acne, Boils, Eczema, Psoriasis, Rashes, Hives
- Neurological: Headaches, Migraines, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Parkinsons disease, Dementia, Tremors
- Men’s Health: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), Prostatitis.
- Women’s Health: Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Irregular Menses, Menopause, Vaginal Infections, Bladder Infections, Interstitial Cystitis, Endometriosis, Fibroids, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).