Dr. Kamat is pleased to serve as your Naturopathic Medical Specialist, Natural Family Doctor or Natural Medical practitioner. She is now accepting new patients of all ages.
Therapeutic Evaluations Include:
- History and Pertinent Physical Exams
- Structural Evaluation
Laboratory Assessments Includes:
- Standard blood work (patient will be sent to independent laboratory for testing or we can provide referral to our trusted network of GP’s)
Specialty tests may include:
- Infection screening panels
- Nutritional (Vitamin and Mineral) Analysis
- Digestive function and Food Sensitivity testing
- Comprehensive Hormone Analysis
- Neurotransmitter and Metabolic testing
- Heavy Metal and Environmental toxicity testing
Many of the additional tests are not covered by insurance companies. Dr.Kamat will review with you which tests she thinks are the most appropriate and the out of pocket expense associated with the tests.
- Clinical Nutrition: This includes individualized dietary plans and nutritional supplements to treat many medical conditions or to assist with healthy weight management.
- Botanical Medicine: The use of plants or plant extracts for medicinal purposes.
- Homeopathy: Homeopathic remedies are very small doses of natural substances that can stimulate the body’s self healing response.
- Physical Medicine: Includes Naturopathic joint mobilization and Cranial therapies. This may also include the manual use of stretching, neuro-muscular reeducation, and therapeutic exercises.
- Detoxification: There are many methods for helping our bodies eliminate accrued toxins. Specific programs for detoxification are tailored to each individual patient ranging from intro to detox methods, 14-21 day cleanses and fasting methods.
- Hydrotherapy: These methods can provide relaxation and immediate symptom relief from a variety of ailments through the thermodynamic properties of hot and cold water. Research has shown that the proper application can optimize overall health by stimulating the immune system and supporting detoxification pathways.
- Counseling: Counseling and stress management may be useful for addressing the mental, emotional, or spiritual components impacting one's health..
Common Conditions Treated:
Health concerns can range from minor ailments to severe illnesses and everything in between. Because Dr. Kamat treats people and not just body parts she can help you with issues that fall into many categories such as the ones below. If your condition is not listed below, please call us to clarify.
- Constitutional: Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Weight management, Autoimmune Disease, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities.
- Psychiatric: Depression, Anxiety, Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD, ADHD)
- Ears/Nose/Throat: Ear infections, Sinusitis, Allergies, Sore Throats, Chronic or Recurrent infections
- Cardiovascular: High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Angina, Atherosclerosis, Congestive Heart Failure, Palpitations
- Respiratory: Infections, Asthma, Allergies, Emphysema or COPD, Bronchitis, Pneumonia, sinusitis etc.
- Immunological: Auto-Immune Thyroid, Celiac disease, Sjogrens, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Infectious diseases such as Lyme disease and co-infections, Acute and chronic infections.
- Children's Health: Well child visits, Autism, Ear Infections, Tonsillitis, Rashes, Vaccine alternatives, etc
- Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea, Constipation, Gas and Bloating, Abdominal pain, Ulcers, Heartburn (reflux or GERD), Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Colitis, Crohn’s disease, Hemorrhoids, Yeast overgrowth, Hepatitis, Cirrhosis, SIBO.
- Musculoskeletal: Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Osteopenia, Low Back Pain, Neck Pain, Muscle spasms, tendinitis etc.
- Dermatological: Acne, Boils, Eczema, Psoriasis, Rashes, Hives
- Neurological: Headaches, Migraines, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Parkinsons disease, Dementia, Tremors
- Men’s Health: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), Prostatitis, Kidney Stones
- Women’s Health: Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Irregular Menses, Menopause, Vaginal Infections, Abnormal Pap Smears, Bladder Infections, Interstitial Cystitis, Endometriosis, Fibroids, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).